What You'll Learn in this Course
This course will take you from raw data to a dynamic and interactive dashboard.
Along the way, you'll learn the key tools in Excel you need in order to become an expert.
- Import your raw data with Power Query.
- Transform your data into a usable format with Power Query.
- Build relational data models to analyse multi-table data sets.
- Build Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to summarize and visualize your data.
- Add DAX measures to create new calculations with your data.
- Build stylish dashboard elements with shapes and icons.
- Add Slicers and Timelines for user interaction.
- Layout, align and lock down your dashboards.
- Power Query Data Tab Overview (3:34)
- Download Power Query Add-In for Excel 2010 or 2013
- Import CSV Files & Power Query Editor Overview (10:38)
- Edit a Power Query (3:15)
- Combine Files in a Folder with Power Query (Part 1) (6:19)
- Combine Files in a Folder with Power Query (Part 2) (3:45)
- Joining Data with Power Query Merges (Part 1) (4:15)
- Joining Data with Power Query Merges (Part 2) (2:50)
- Creating a Calendar Table in Power Query (Part 1) (6:02)
- Creating a Calendar Table in Power Query (Part 2) (5:52)
- Calendar Table Alternative Period Method (8:33)
- Dynamically List Dates in a Calendar (3:02)
Hi, I’m John!
I’ve worked all over the world as an actuary and data analyst. I’ve been using Microsoft Excel for over 15 years.
I started the HowToExcel website in 2016 to share my passion and expertise with the world. The site now has well over 100k followers that are learning how to Excel.
In 2017, I was awarded the Microsoft Excel MVP status (most valuable professional) from Microsoft for sharing my technical expertise and knowledge with the community. This is a distinction that only 83 others around the world have been awarded!
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do you have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What are the prerequisites for the course?
You should have:
- Have basic Excel knowledge.
- Have Excel 2013 or higher.
- Have Excel for a Windows PC.
What if you are unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.